The law firms of the Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices and Haruki, Sawai & Inoue formed a partnership and together established the Haruki and Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices on May 8th, 2006, which changed its name to the Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices in April 2011.
The Tokyo Marunouchi Law Offices
The Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices have more than seventy years of history.
In 1949, the firm started as the Shenoh Law Office and was one of the first Tokyo law firms involved in practicing international business law.
In 1973, the firm changed its name to Sugimoto, Yanagawa & Okuyama.
In 1985, the firm changed its name to the Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices.
In addition to international transactions, the Tokyo-Marunouchi Law Offices is well-known for its expertise in the fields of bankruptcy and corporate rehabilitation, broadcasting, information technology, and private finance initiatives, among others.
Haruki,Sawai & Inoue
Hideshige Haruki and two other attorneys who formed the core of the international business law section at Braun Moriya Hoashi & Kubota, one of the oldest international law firms in Japan, established their own practice in 1997 at Ichiban-cho, Tokyo.
In addition to its reputation in international transactions, Haruki, Sawai & Inoue earned a strong reputation in the fields of real estate securitization, finance, mergers and acquisitions, and contracts.